We are proud to make history once again by introducing the first intake system (larger cold air box, air filter, and MAF body) to be proven to make power on the IS-F!
Throughout our rigorous testing program, we discovered that the OEM airbox intake is adequate up to about 410 whp, but beyond that level, it becomes restrictive. Tuned header equipped cars seemed to max out at around 410-415 whp. So it turns out that once you add headers and improve exhaust flow, the intake becomes restrictive! Our ability to tune the IS-F’s ECU has allowed us to develop the ultimate intake system by recalibrating the airflow curve to allow the use of a much larger MAF (mass airflow) housing.
RR-Racing Tuned Intake Features:
- Additional power gains of 10 to 15 whp over an ISF equipped with our ECU upgrade, headers and high flow exhaust!
- Power gains of 60 to 80 whp and 50 to 60 wtrq compared to stock setup as part of our
Performance Upgrade Package!
- The MAF tube diameter is significantly increased from 80mm to 87mm. Upgrading the MAF housing is only possible through extensive recalibration of the ECU.
- To take advantage of the added flow of the 87mm MAF housing, we utilize a large genuine K&N cone filter with 7” composite velocity stack.
- True “cold air” design is fully heat shielded and intake box coated with genuine DEI Reflect-a-gold coating.
- Genuine carbon fiber lid is easy to open in order to clean and inspect the filter element.
- RR-Racing Tuned intake is compatible with most aftermarket intake elbows (but we recommend the shown RR Racing Titanium Intake elbow offered as an option!).
- RR-Racing tuned intake requires a special ECU calibration. RR Racing ECU Upgrade Tune is included with this product.
Please note: If you already bought our tune, you must have your ECU recalibrated in order to use this intake -- please select the "Recalibrate" option, and you will be given credit for the tune portion of the price.
Please note: To provide the maximum power, this intake system must be installed with headers and a high flow exhaust. If you do not have after market headers, then please consider our Performance Upgrade Package that includes this system combined with our PPE headers at a reduced package price.
The chart below shows the gains of our Tuned Intake system.
RR Racing ECU Upgrade Information
RR Racing was proud to make history by being able to offer an OBD device tune for Lexus IS-F engine control unit (ECU)! The Lexus IS-F ECU is a very complex and sophisticated engine management system. RR Racing has been developing this upgrade tune for many months, intimately understanding IS-F ECU's parameters and structures, testing various changes to optimize power and torque effectively while retaining stock fuel efficiency, knock control sensitivity, and other built in safety features. During the development and testing period, we have logged many track hours and over 2,000 miles of road testing and road-dyno logging with many more hours spent on a sophisticated Dynojet dyno at a top-notch climate controlled facility.
So as you can see this was not a weekend project for us, where we slapped on IS-F on the dyno, played around a bit for a day or weekend, and and now we are selling a tune. We had done most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs, datalogs, and hundreds of miles of testing between re-maps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. We have developed a full understanding of the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
- Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping.
- Ignition control (ISF has base ignition maps, cam timing dependent ignition maps, knock correction maps).
- Intake and Exhaust variable cam maps.
- Torque to throttle mapping (allows us to enhance throttle response).
- Two rev limit increases to 7200.
- CEL parameters (e.g., disabling of O2 sensor warning light for off road/racing purposes only).
Our on road impressions are that the IS-F pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange and top-end improvement. This was evidenced in our ignition curve datalogs shown below where a combination of ignition and cam timing adjustments resulted in a much more linear and aggressive ignition curve, free of any detonation or large ignition corrections.
After extensive road dyno and datalogs, we headed over to top-notch climate controlled Dynojet testing facility and conducted many hours of dyno tests.
- Please select this product and chose all required options as follows:
- Model Year: we need to know the model year of your ISF
- RR Racing Intake: you can chose to buy one of our intake elbow tubes at a discount that not only look good but also add additional hp (for more information, please refer to our Intake category)
- Exhaust: please select Yes if your car is equipped with a high-flow exhaust
- Intake Tube: please select what after market intake tube do you have
- Once you place an order, we will ship you the package with an OBD device.
- You will then read your ECU and email us your ECU id.
- After getting your ECU if, we will email you the tune flash files (more detailed instructions with the device).
- The car needs to have the latest Lexus re-programming recall implemented by the Lexus dealer.
If we make any version updates to this tune, we will make any such version updates available to our customer free of charge. With the OBD flashable device, we will email you an updated file.
New Upgrades and Tune Releases
We are continually developing new upgrades to the IS-F, including a new throttlebody and intake which will require complete custom ECU map in order to realize the full benefits of these modifications. New ECU tune upgrade/releases will be offered at a discount to customers who bought this tune.
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. Additionally, certain tuning features, such as removal of check engine light (CEL) triggers may be illegal for road use. RR-Racing provides these ECU tuning services for vehicles used in racing and off-road purposes only. RR-Racing does not condone the removal of any emissions related device on vehicles used on public roads. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products and ECU upgrade -- our products are intended for off-road use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.
Please note that with all our testing, the OBD flashing of Lexus's ECU is new. If you encounter problems during or after flashing, you may need to send us your ECU for re-flashing using our equipment.
Why do you provide a range of “tuned gains,” not a precise value?
There are many factors that influence dyno results and lead to variability in power measurement. Additionally, your ECU is constantly making changes based on sensor feedback that significantly influence engine output – and this is the case even on a stock ECU. So bottom line is that regardless of the mod you install, actual gains will vary. We make every effort to provide actual, factual, and transparent dyno data for our customers.
Do you recommend aftermarket intakes?
We do not recommend any aftermarket intakes that remove the factory airbox. The only recommended intakes are intakes pipes like our RR-Racing Intake pipe, or equivalent.
Can you work with me or my tuner to improve my tune?
In most cases yes. If you plan on taking your car to the dyno, please contact us ahead of time in order to discuss the type of datalog data we need in order to fine tune your ECU, should it be required. In most cases, custom tune fees will range from $200-$300.
What about that Supercharger Kit you guys are working on?
We expect to release a supercharger kit for the Lexus ISF in Spring 2016. At this time, and until further notice, we are offering all of our customers who purchase the tune now FULL CREDIT towards the supercharger system through the spring/summer, should they choose to upgrade during that time.