To our customer who convert their ISFs into dedicated race cars, we are proud to introduce the ultimate normally aspirated performance package for Lexus IS-F! This package includes our new Tuned Intake System, our PPE Header, all combined with our famous ECU upgrade tune using an OBD device. This represents an increase of
60 to 80 wheel hp and 50 to 60 in wheel torque over stock (with a high flow exhaust)!
RR Racing Tuned Intake System
Throughout our rigorous testing program, we discovered that the OEM airbox intake is adequate up to about 410 whp, but beyond that level, it becomes restrictive. Tuned header equipped cars seemed to max out at around 410-415 whp. So it turns out that once you add headers and improve exhaust flow, the intake becomes restrictive! Our ability to tune the IS-F’s ECU has allowed us to develop the ultimate intake system by recalibrating the airflow curve to allow the use of a much larger MAF (mass airflow) housing.
RR-Racing Tuned Intake Features:
- Additional power gains of 10 to 15 whp over an ISF equipped with our ECU upgrade, headers, and a high flow exhaust!
- Power gains of 60 to 80 whp and 50 to 60 wtrq. Latest Dyno test using e30 fuel showed a record of 448 whp and 421.4 wtrq -- a record for normally aspirated ISF! This car was equiped with this package and our true dual exhaust system.
- The MAF tube diameter is significantly increased from 80mm to 87mm. Upgrading the MAF housing is only possible through extensive recalibration of the ECU.
- To take advantage of the added flow of the 87mm MAF housing, we utilize a large genuine K&N cone filter with 7” composite velocity stack.
- True “cold air” design is fully heat shielded and intake box coated with genuine DEI Reflect-a-gold coating.
- Genuine carbon fiber lid is easy to open in order to clean and inspect the filter element.
- RR-Racing Tuned intake is compatible with most aftermarket intake elbows (if you don't have an elbow, please purchase our carbon elbow as an option).
- RR-Racing tuned intake requires a special ECU calibration. RR Racing ECU Upgrade Tune is included with this product.
Please note: If you already bought our tune, you must have your ECU recalibrated in order to use this intake -- please select the "Recalibrate" option, and you will be given credit for the tune portion of the price.
Please note: To provide the maximum power, this intake system must be installed with headers and a high flow exhaust. If you do not have after market headers, then please consider our Power Package product that includes this system combined with our PPE headers at a reduced package price.
The charts below shows the gains of our Tuned Intake system.
The following charts use a more conservative SAR smoothing and regular 93 octane fuel.
RR Racing PPE Headers
RR Racing had been evaluating headers for Lexus IS-F for some time. When finally chose headers, we selected the best headers available on the market. The PPE ISF Headers make a significant increase in flow compared to the stock manifolds. Tube lengths and diameters are increased coming together into a ported 4-1 parallel merge collector. Completely TIG welded construction with thick 16 gauge tubing for long lasting power gains.
According to our estimates PPE headers can make between 6-12 additional wheel horsepower compared to OEM manifolds with removed catalysts. If you buy headers with the tune package, then you can expect total power gains (including an exhaust) of 60-70hp over stock! Please refer to our ECU upgrade tune product for recent estimates.
Please note that the headers do not come with manifold gaskets. For older cars replacing manifold gaskets may be necessary. We offer these as one of the options with this product.
- Comes with optional RR Racing ECU Upgrade Tune package for increase power gain
- 3/8" thick head and outlet flanges
- Mandrel bent Stainless Steel 16 gauge tubing
- 15 degree parallel merge collectors
- Runners are welded with Silicabronze at the head flange
- Porting at flanges
- Flat sanded head flanges
- Includes factory style outlet gaskets and optional engine gaskets
- Install instructions
- 1yr warranty
- RR-Racing recommends using 2" wide titanium DEI heat insulation with these headers. We also recommend keeping the heat shield to insulate the starter when the headers are installed.
RR Racing ECU Upgrade Information
RR Racing was proud to make history by being able to offer an OBD device tune for Lexus IS-F engine control unit (ECU)! The Lexus IS-F ECU is a very complex and sophisticated engine management system. RR Racing has been developing this upgrade tune for many months, intimately understanding IS-F ECU's parameters and structures, testing various changes to optimize power and torque effectively while retaining stock fuel efficiency, knock control sensitivity, and other built in safety features. During the development and testing period, we have logged many track hours and over 2,000 miles of road testing and road-dyno logging with many more hours spent on a sophisticated Dynojet dyno at a top-notch climate controlled facility.
So as you can see this was not a weekend project for us, where we slapped on IS-F on the dyno, played around a bit for a day or weekend, and and now we are selling a tune. We had done most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs, data logs, and hundreds of miles of testing between re-maps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. We have developed a full understanding of the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
- Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping.
- Ignition control (ISF has base ignition maps, cam timing dependent ignition maps, knock correction maps).
- Intake and Exhaust variable cam maps.
- Torque to throttle mapping (allows us to enhance throttle response).
- Rev limit increase to 7200.
Our on road impressions are that the IS-F pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange and top-end improvement. This was evidenced in our ignition curve data logs shown below where a combination of ignition and cam timing adjustments resulted in a much more linear and aggressive ignition curve, free of any detonation or large ignition corrections.
After extensive road dyno and data logs, we headed over to top-notch climate controlled Dynojet testing facility and conducted many hours of dyno tests.
- Please select this product and chose all required options as follows:
- Model Year: we need to know the model year of your ISF
- RR Racing Intake: you can chose to buy our carbon intake elbow tubes at a discount that not only look good but also add additional hp (for more information, please refer to our Intake category)
- Once you place an order, we will ship you the package with an OBD device.
- You will then read your ECU and email us your ECU id.
- After getting your ECU if, we will email you the tune flash files (more detailed instructions with the device).
If we make any version updates to this tune, we will make any such version updates available to our customer free of charge. With the OBD flashable device, we will email you an updated file.
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. Additionally, certain tuning features, such as removal of check engine light (CEL) triggers are illegal for road use. RR-Racing provides these ECU tuning services for vehicles used in racing only. RR-Racing does not condone the removal of any emissions related device on vehicles used on public roads. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products and ECU upgrade -- our products are intended for off-road use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.
Please note that with all our testing, the OBD flashing of Lexus's ECU is new. If you encounter problems during or after flashing, you may need to send us your ECU for re-flashing using our equipment.
Why do you provide a range of “tuned gains,” not a precise value?
There are many factors that influence dyno results and lead to variability in power measurement. Additionally, your ECU is constantly making changes based on sensor feedback that significantly influence engine output – and this is the case even on a stock ECU. So bottom line is that regardless of the mod you install, actual gains will vary. We make every effort to provide actual, factual, and transparent dyno data for our customers.
Do you recommend aftermarket intakes?
We do not recommend any aftermarket intakes that remove the factory airbox. The only recommended intakes are intakes pipes like our RR-Racing Intake pipe, or equivalent.
Can you work with me or my tuner to improve my tune?
In most cases yes. If you plan on taking your car to the dyno, please contact us ahead of time in order to discuss the type of datalog data we need in order to fine tune your ECU, should it be required. In most cases, custom tune fees will range from $200-$300.