Important Disclaimer! Please note that if you do not follow the tuning instructions accurately, you may damage the software on your ECU. Once RCF's ECU is damaged, it is not possible ot recover it. You will have to purchase a new ECU at a cost of $1250. When you purchase this product, you agree that the risk of a damaged ECU is entirely yours. RR Racing take no responsibility and provides no warranty in this regards.
RR Racing is proud to make history again by being the first to offer an ECU reprogramming for Lexus RC F engine control unit (ECU). The Lexus RC F ECU is a very complex and sophisticated engine management system. RR Racing has been developing this upgrade tune with weeks of testing, intimately understanding RC F ECU's parameters and structures, testing various changes to optimize power and torque effectively while retaining stock fuel efficiency, knock control sensitivity, and other built in safety features. During the development and testing period, we have logged many track hours and hundreds of miles of road testing and road-dyno logging with many more hours spent on a sophisticated Dynojet dyno at a top-notch climate controlled facility.
We had done most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs, datalogs, and hundreds of miles of testing between re-maps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. We have developed a full understanding of the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
- Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping
- Ignition control (RC F has base ignition maps, cam timing dependent ignition maps, knock correction maps)
- Intake and Exhaust variable cam maps
- Torque to throttle mapping (allows us to enhance throttle response)
- Raise the speed limiter
Our on road impressions are that the RC F pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange torque improvement you can definitely feel and appreciate.
After extensive road dyno and datalogs, we headed over to top-notch climate controlled Dynojet testing facility and conducted many hours of dyno tests.
For a more recent RCF dyno testing results, please refer to the following News Article:http://blog.rr-racing.com/news/2022/01/13/dyno-testing-the-latest-mods-on-lexus-rcf/
We recommend to read our technical tuning blog for more useful information about tuning.
- Please select this product and chose all required options as follows:
- PPE Headers: if you would like to order header, please go to the header product, and select this tune as an option.
- Ceramic Coating: we recommend adding ceramic coating for thermal insulation
- Manifold Gaskets: we highly recommend to install new Lexus manifold gaskets
- Please select the chosen shipping for us to ship you back the ECU (please contact us if the desirable shipping is not available). Please note that if you are ordering PPE Headers as an option, select the best shipping for headers and let us know in notes how do you want us to ship you back the ECU (e.g., priority, overnight, etc.).
- After placing your order on our on-line store, we will ship you cable and tuning software. You will also receive an email with a link to a Dropbox folder containing instructions and driver software you will need to install on your Windows PC.
- After you flash your ECU and return the software and cable, we will refund $550 deposit.
- Please note that we tune US ECUs only!
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products and ECU upgrade -- our products are intended for race track use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.The tuning tools that we ship are relatively easy to use and they come with step-by-step instructions. There is a need for a Windows based computer to download and upload files from the device. Basic ability to use personal computers and install software and drivers is required.
Do you recommend aftermarket intakes?
We do not recommend any aftermarket intakes that remove the factory airbox. The only recommended intakes are intakes pipes like our RR-Racing Intake pipe, or equivalent.