No matter how powerful the latest Porsche Turbo model is, the normally aspirated Porsche "GT" cars will always have a special place in the heart of every Porschophile. High revving normally aspirated engines have two notable traits that turbo cars will never have. First, the normally aspirated powerband is especially well suited for road racing due to the linear nature of power delivery, allowing for predicable application of power without the massive torque spikes common with turbo cars. Secondly, no turbo car will every match the sound of a normally aspirated GT3 revving to 8500rpm+!.
We have taken both of these unique qualities and advantages of the normally aspirated GT engines, and ENHANCED THEM. Rather than changing what makes a GT car great, we put it on steroids. Your GT3 will still scream to 8500+ RPM, and it will still have a predictable and linear powerband, ideal for the habitat where a GT car belongs (see video below) – The Race Track!
Since completing our 991.1 GT3 build, we set about taking the 991.1 GT3 RS to the next level. Our GT3RS build is featured on Motor Trend's "All Girls Garage" 2021 Season!
Customers can expect about 200-240whp gain with GT3 kit (depending on fuel used). Both feature conservative boost levels (6psi max on GT3RS, and 8psi max on GT3) for maximum reliability.
No expense was spared in creating the most reliable and best performing supercharger kit available for any modern Porsche 911. Every component is designed to meet and exceed the high expectations of our customers:
- Procharger P1-X Head Unit: We utilize the latest in centrifugal supercharger technology, the new Procharger P1-X, capable of delivering over 600hp.
- Autonomous Drive System: Rather than utilize the factory accessory belt as most systems do, we designed a new dual belt crank pulley that allows us to drive the supercharger on its own belt. By driving the SC on its own belt, we are able to reduce the load and wear on the belt making for a more reliable drive system. Another advantage to an autonomous drive system is that we do not increase stress to the accessories such as the AC compressor and water pump. When a single belt is used for both accessories and the supercharger, the added belt tension due to load from the supercharger results in reduced life of the accessories.
- Harmonically Dampened Custom Crankshaft Pulley: As mentioned above, we designed a dual belt crankshaft pulley, but rather than leave well enough alone, we utilized an ATi Super Damper specifically tuned to the higher power output of the engine. The ATi Super Damper eliminates torsional vibrations that could compromise engine reliability.
- Custom Bell Intercooler: Manufactured for us by Bell Intercoolers in USA, our air/water heat exchanger core is extremely efficient and capable of supporting over 600hp.
- Porsche OEM Radiator & Davies Craig Water Pump: We spare no expense and utilize the OEM ducted Porsche center radiator for the intercooler. We can also integrate the cooler with the OEM center radiator for additional cooling for track applications. The Davies Craig water pump provides approximately 3 times the water flow of standard Bosch pumps, ensuring rapid cooling of the heat exchanger. We also incorporate an additional water reservoir in the frunk compartment resulting in an increase in water capacity of 50%.
- Turbosmart Power Port Blow off Valve: Rather than use a cheap Bosch blow off valve as found on many kits, we spared no expense and used the massive 2.5” Turbosmart Powerport BOV. A large capacity BOV is essential for long term reliability because in a supercharged application, it is crucial to rapidly reduce pressure ahead of the throttle body during throttle transitions. Doing so results in optimal throttle response, and minimizes stress/wear on SC components.
- Billet Belt Tensioner and Pulleys: Belt tension is critical to reducing belt slippage and consistent performance. Rather than use the weak OEM tensioner on the accessory belt, or some other off-the-shelf tensioner, we build our billet tensioner in-house. Our billet tensioner allows up to 2 times the tension of a conventional tensioner, is machined from 6061-T6, and features a sealed bearing system for long-term reliability.
- CAD designed, CNC machined & Anodized 6061-T6 brackets.
- Gates Racing Belt: We use the finest Kevlar reinforced high performance serpentine belt on the market.
- Standard Water-Methanol Injection System with custom frunk mounted aluminum tank: For maximum reliability and power, we include the water/methanol injection system. Water/methanol injection is an extremely effective way to increase effective fuel octane and cooling. Such systems are even utilized in OEM applications, such as on the BMW M4 GTS. An added benefit to water/methanol injection is the cleaning effect. Engine running with water/methanol are effectively “steam cleaned” and do not suffer from carbon buildup issues common with direct injected engines such as the 9A1.
- Custom ECU Programming & Dimsport Handheld OBD Programmer Included: Every kit includes our custom in house developed tune. The tune can easily be customized and updated with the provided Dimsport OBD programmer in a matter of minutes. We will gladly work with any installer to evaluate datalogs and customize the tuning to ensure optimal results.
- Custom PDK Programming Included
Does the Supercharger affect the reliability of my engine and transmission?
We have gone to great lengths to test and ensure that the
added power of the supercharger does not negatively impact reliability of our
911. That is one of the reasons we began our supercharger testing on our
54,000 mile C2S rather than on an ultra low mileage car… it was important to
demonstrate that even a well-used 991 can easily handle the added power.
Often you will find tuners releasing their tunes and results after
a series of dyno runs and street pulls, with little or no long term durability
testing. At the time of the release of our Stage 1 kit, we conducted over
300 dyno pulls, 7000 miles of aggressive street testing, and 4 track days at
Pocono Raceway and Watkins Glen.
Is additional cooling required when fitting the SC
The GT3/RS have very robust cooling systems capable of keeping the car cool in endurance race appications. No additional cooling is required if using the car for 25min HPDE type sessions.
What maintenance is required with the SC kit?
For street driven vehicles, we recommend oil changes every 5000 miles with a high quality synthetic oil, such as Redline 5w40 or 5w30. Procharger recommends draining and refilling of SC fluid every 5000 miles. We have not had to replace a belt on our shop C2S after over 7000 miles of street, track, and extensive dyno testing, so belt life is determined by usage, and should easily exceed 10,000 miles even under extreme use.
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. We recommend to check the health of your engine before installing this product. Installing this product on a compromised engine, may result in an engine failure.
Additionally, certain modifications that could be done related to this product such as modification of the front bumper, and other features may be illegal for road use. RR-Racing makes these modifications for vehicles used in racing and off-road purposes only. RR-Racing does not condone the removal of any emissions related device on vehicles used on public roads. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products -- our products are intended for off-road use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.