Please note the following important facts:
1. RR Racing Carbon Intake for Lexus XS350 (ISXITK0001) is now available as a discounted option with this tune. You will get more consistent power gains and a better throttle response installing our Carbon Intake system.
2. PPE headers are now available as an option with this product at a discounted price!
3. You can also buy a package that includes PPE Headers and Ark Grip exhaust (see separate product under Performance Upgrade category).
4. To buy this tune with just an exhaust, please buy it as an option with one of the exhaust products we offer.
This tune is for the following models with 2GR-FSE 3.5L v6 engine: IS350 2014 and newer (3rd generation), IS300, RC300/350, and GS350 2013 and newer (3rd generation) models
RR Racing is proud to release another tune for the Lexus IS/GS platform. The Lexus 300/350 ECU is a very complex and sophisticated engine management system. As always, we have worked very hard over a course of many months on developing this tune using our IS350 F Sport shop car as well as our customers' cars. We developed both on the dyno AND on the road. We have thoroughly tested various changes in order to optimize power and torque effectively while retaining stock fuel efficiency, knock control sensitivity, and other built in safety features.
We especially excited to report the results of our IS300 tune. Now IS/RC300 owners can have all the power of an IS/RC350 at a fraction of the cost, by simply recalibrating the ECU!
So as you can see this was not a weekend project for us, where we slapped a Lexus on the dyno, played around a bit for a day or weekend, and and now we are selling a tune. We had done most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs, datalogs, and hundreds of miles of testing between re-maps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. In addition we use our sophisticated in-house AWD DynoJet 424x LINX to fine tune our calibrations. Our ECU tune enhances the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
- Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping
- Ignition control (300/350 has base ignition maps, cam timing dependent ignition maps, knock correction maps)
- Variable cam maps
- Torque to throttle mapping (allows us to enhance throttle response)
- Optional rev limit increase to 7200 RPM (helps the power curve)
- We raised the shift points to higher rev limits in Sport and Sport+ modes (rev limit can only be reached in manual shifting with traction control off)
- Optional speed limit elimination
- CEL parameters (e.g., disabling of O2 sensor warning light for off road/racing purposes only)
Our on road impressions are that the 300/350 pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange and top-end improvement. One of the most effective changes to the 300/350 is increasing the rev limit to 7200rpm (we can further increase engine rev limit to 7400rpm upon request, but we feel that it may impact long term reliability). As you can see from the dyno results below, the 2GR-FSE v6 continues to pull all the way to the revised 7200 rpm rev limit. This results in significantly more "area under the curve" and better acceleration times.
We estimate consistent gains of 10 whp gains with this tune over a stock car, and 15-26 whp when equipped with a full cat-back exhaust. With tune, exhaust, and headers the gain is 38 to 48 whp (65 to 75 whp for 300)!
All of our extensive dyno testing is conducted in our testing and development facility on a top-notch brand new Dynojet 424x all wheel drive Dyno equipment.
Our tune results are summarized in the following table with supporting dyno graphs below. Please note that you will experience more consistent gains below with our Carbon Intake System as well as a better throttle response.
Please note that the above chart was done by our customer. We will publish a chart on our Dyno soon.
- Please select this product and chose the required model year option as well as any other options desire.
- Please note that the tune already includes maps for all other common mods such as headers and exhaust.
- We will ship you the OBD unit.
- You will have to connect the unit to your OBDII port and read the ECU ID.
- Then you email us the ECU ID, and we will email back the tune files (one for each of the optional rev limits) applicable to your car.
If we make any version updates to this tune, we will make any such version updates available to our customer free of charge.
New Upgrades and Tune Releases
We are continually developing new upgrades to the IS platform. New ECU tune upgrade/releases will be offered at a discount to customers who bought this tune.
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. Additionally, certain tuning features, such as removal of check engine light (CEL) triggers may be illegal for road use. RR-Racing provides these ECU tuning services for vehicles used in racing and off-road purposes only. RR-Racing does not condone the removal of any emissions related device on vehicles used on public roads. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products and ECU upgrade -- our products are intended for off-road use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.
Why do you provide a range of “tuned gains,” not a precise value?
There are many factors that influence dyno results and lead to variability in power measurement. Additionally, your ECU is constantly making changes based on sensor feedback that significantly influence engine output – and this is the case even on a stock ECU. So bottom line is that regardless of the mod you install, actual gains will vary. We make every effort to provide actual, factual, and transparent dyno data for our customers.
Do you recommend aftermarket intakes?
At this time, we do not recommend any aftermarket intakes that remove the factory airbox.
Can you work with me or my tuner to improve my tune?
In most cases yes. If you plan on taking your car to the dyno, please contact us ahead of time in order to discuss the type of datalog data we need in order to fine tune your ECU, should it be required. In most cases, custom tune fees will range from $200-$300.