Please note that PPE headers and our Carbon Intake are now available as an option with this product at a discounted price!
We are happy that finally we found a reliable OBD tuning device solution for our Lexus IS/GS350 (2gen) engine control unit (ECU) upgrade tune! Now our 2nd gen customers do not have to send their ECU for upgrade anymore.
The Lexus 350 is a very complex and sophisticated engine management system. We have worked hard on developing this tune, both on the dyno AND testing extensively on the road. We have thoroughly tested various changes in order to optimize power and torque effectively while retaining stock fuel efficiency, knock control sensitivity, and other built in safety features.
So as you can see this was not a weekend project for us, where we slapped on ISX on the dyno, played around a bit for a day or weekend, and and now we are selling a tune. We had done most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs, datalogs, and hundreds of miles of testing between re-maps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. We have developed a full understanding of the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
- Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping
- Ignition control (350 has base ignition maps, cam timing dependent ignition maps, knock correction maps)
- Variable cam maps
- Torque to throttle mapping (allows us to enhance throttle response)
- Rev limit increase to 7200 RPM (helps the power curve)
- CEL parameters (e.g., disabling of O2 sensor warning light for off road/racing purposes only)
Our on road impressions are that the 350 pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange and top-end improvement. One of the most effective changes to the 350 is increasing the rev limit to 7000 or even 7200 (later may have more impact on engine life). As you can see from the dyno results below, the 350 continues to pull all the way to the revised 7000 rpm rev limit (7200 Dyno is not available at this time). This results in significantly more "area under the curve" and better acceleration times.
We estimate between 10 to 15 whp and wtq gains with this tune.
All of our extensive dyno testing is conducted on a top-notch climate controlled Dynojet 424x all wheel drive testing facility.
- Please select this product and chose all required options as follows:
- Model Year: we need to know the model year of your IS350
- Please note that the tune already includes maps for all other common mods such as headers and exhaust.
- We will ship you the OBD unit that contains all the maps.
- If the OBD unit does not recognize your ECU, you will have to read the ECU ID.
- Then you email us the ECU ID, and we will email back the tune files applicable to your car (please note that we will email several files with different rev limits available.)
- The car needs to have the latest Lexus calibration file implemented by your Lexus dealer.
If we make any version updates to this tune, we will make any such version updates available to our customer free of charge.
New Upgrades and Tune Releases
We are continually developing new upgrades to the IS platform. New ECU tune upgrade/releases will be offered at a discount to customers who bought this tune.
RR-Racing cannot ensure the applicability of manufacturer's or third-party warranties after performing this modification. Likewise, RR-Racing does not provide any warranty, written or implied, to the engine or drivetrain of your vehicle. Additionally, certain tuning features, such as removal of check engine light (CEL) triggers may be illegal for road use. RR-Racing provides these ECU tuning services for vehicles used in racing and off-road/racing purposes only. RR-Racing does not condone the removal of any emissions related device on vehicles used on public roads. RR Racing is not responsible for any accident caused by the use of our products and ECU upgrade -- our products are intended for off-road use solely at purchaser's risk. By buying this product, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer.
Why do you provide a range of “tuned gains,” not a precise value?
There are many factors that influence dyno results and lead to variability in power measurement. Additionally, your ECU is constantly making changes based on sensor feedback that significantly influence engine output – and this is the case even on a stock ECU. So bottom line is that regardless of the mod you install, actual gains will vary. We make every effort to provide actual, factual, and transparent dyno data for our customers.
Do you recommend aftermarket intakes?
At this time, we do not recommend any aftermarket intakes that remove the factory airbox.
Can you work with me or my tuner to improve my tune?
In most cases yes. If you plan on taking your car to the dyno, please contact us ahead of time in order to discuss the type of datalog data we need in order to fine tune your ECU, should it be required. In most cases, custom tune fees will range from $200-$300.