This is our latest dual adjustable (2-way) shocks expand upon all the advantages of our single adjustable Road & Track R2 coilovers by offering independent adjustability of Compression and Rebound damping. The large external reservoir attached to the shock serves as an additional store of hydraulic fluid, which allows the shocks to operate cooler and with lower gas pressure, giving them better response than conventional shocks.
One of the disadvantages to single adjustable shocks is that both rebound, and compression are adjusted simultaneously, so if the shock settings are too soft, the car will start to feel “bouncy.” Independent adjustment allows you to set the rebound damping so as to eliminate bounciness, but at the same time compression damping can be fine-tuned to soften the suspension’s response to bumps. Independent adjustment can also be used to fine tune the handling behavior of the car. For example. for drag racing, where maximum rear weight transfer is critical, you can reduce rear compression damping, while increasing rear rebounding damping, helping the car to “squat” off the line. When road racing, weight transfer can also be controlled in a similar way by adjusting the compression and rebound setting independently.
Summary of Features and Specs:
- Silvers Coilovers dual (2-way) adjustable shocks custom valved to our track tested specifications.
- Hypercoil (or Eibach) custom spring rates. These are the same springs as used in Indycar, IMSA, Formula 1, NASCAR, etc!
- Hypercoil (or Eibach) helper springs on front coilover applications improve height adjustability range.
- Shocks are warrantied for 5 years (2 years on consumable parts) -- the longest warranties in the suspension industry!
- Standard Spring rates (custom rates available upon request) -- 900lbs(16kg) Front & 800lbs(14kg) Rear – Standard Road&Track setup.
- Every coilover leaving our shop is pre-set for optimal lowered ride height, only minor adjustments are necessary upon installation.
- Includes remote adjusters
After placing an order, we offer a 1-on-1 consultation in order to determine the best shock and spring specifications for your needs.
We highly recommend to install our Ultimate Steering Response Product (USRS) in conjunction with this suspension to improve your steering response (offered as an option to this product).