At the onset of our coilover development project with Penske Racing Shocks, our goal was to produce the ultimate suspension for the Lexus RC F, something that would meet and/or exceed the cornering performance and feel of dedicated sports/track cars like the 911, Cayman R, and Lotus Elise. Our goal was to achieve instant turn-in response, at-the -limit balance and predictability at the track, all while maintaining poise and reasonable comfort on the street. In addition to our performance goals, we also wanted to break the cost barrier, and offer a top end, no compromise, 100% made in USA, double adjustable Penske setup for under $4000. We are proud to say that we have met all of our design goals, and are pleased to introduce the best performing suspension available for the Lexus RCF, bar none.
Summary of Features and Specs:
- We redesigned the RCF rear suspension to convert the coil-on-arm design to true coilover shock for more linear spring rates and improved at the limit balance. Rear coilover shocks also allow us to use much higher spring rates than stock or any other RCF suspension on the market. High spring rates are critical to controlling the weight transfer on the RCF.
- Penske 7500DA series shocks with double independent compression and rebound adjustment. Custom valving options. Almost 20lbs weight savings over OEM components.
- Every shock that Penske builds for RR-Racing is built by the same engineers who build the IndyCar, LMP1/Prototype, and Winston Cup shocks, and with the same attention to detail and quality that goes into every race shock Penske builds.
- Every Penske shock is dyno tested after assembly to ensure quality and consistency.
- Hypercoil or Eibach ERS main and helper springs with Afco polymer couplers and Delrin isolators on top and bottom perches. Custom spring rates available. Hypercoil springs are US made, extremely high quality (tested within 2% spring rate), and found in virtually every form of racing, including IndyCar and NASCAR.
- Aurora lower spherical bearings for shock mounts. Top plates use a massive 1.5" OD QA1 upper spherical bearing.
- Rather than reuse OEM upper mounts, we designed our own upper spherical bearing aluminum top plates, featuring modular & rebuildable design for easy servicing. The other advantage of our upper mounts is that the spring perch is divorced from the spring, which allows completely linear spring motion and significant reduction in bending loads on the shock absorber (vs. KW, Ohlins, and other non-divorced setups).
- RR Racing is located 20 minutes from Penske Racing Shocks Headquarters, so we can offer our customers the best service and fastest turnaround time on all orders and custom specifications.
- Standard Spring rates (custom rates available upon request):
- 900lbs(16kg) Front & 800lbs(14kg) Rear – Standard Road&Track setup
- 1000lbs (18kg) Front & 900lbs(16kg) Rear – Aggressive Road&Track setup, for those using R-comp tires or slicks. Still very streetable.
- Extensively track tested and track proven on our shop IS-F!
After placing an order, we initiate a 1-on-1 consultation in order to determine the best shock and spring specifications for your needs.
We highly recommend the purchase of our Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) in conjunction with this suspension package (see suggested products below). Fitment with OEM and some after market wheels
: Please note that OEM and some after market wheels may require addition of 15mm spacers in the back to clear the coil-over. Please consult us, if your wheels require additional spacers.
Note on Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH):
We have tested these coilovers on Pennsylvanias roughest pothole laden back roads. Our customers can expect that these coilovers are vibration free, and can be adjusted to ride comfortably on the street. On most roads, they do not make any discernible noise. On rough back roads, some noise, particularly at low engine speeds when the exhaust is quiet, is to be expected.
Our upper and lower mounts use spherical bearings rather than sloppy rubber bushings to offer no-compromise response and feedback. Even though we do not use rubber bushes on the suspension mounting points, we can assure our customers that any increase in noise is very minor.
All components in this product are proudly engineered and
manufactured here in the United State of America.
Please click on one of the links below for more relevant detailed information about our approach to engineering great products for your Lexus:
RR Racing Lexus IS-F Project.
For a more technical explanation of why this suspension is so good, you can read this article in our Tech-Center: